JOIN US and The League of America Bicyclists:
— Parts of this post are excerpted –LEAGUE PROGRAMS, TAKE ACTION by Liz Murphy
With our election one week away today, we are in the home stretch! We will be deluged with emails, television and flyers, mailers etc etc. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!
In addition we have our own #VoteLocal CAMPAIGN for the election and Santa Monica’s Next Round as it winds down.
Every time you ride your bicycle, even when you ride alone, you’re part of something bigger. Every time you get on your bike you make your community — your country — better.
“Bikes bring us together, uniting us across political lines for a common bipartisan goal: Building a bicycle friendly America for everyone. Whether or not you bike to your polling place on election day, you are a citizen cyclist — and your values for safer streets makes a difference no matter who’s on the ballot.”
“So declare yourself. Tell your friends, your family, leaders in your community and beyond: I Bike, I Vote. The League of American Bicyclists has launched a new campaign — I Bike, I Vote — mobilizing Americans around the idea that when we bike and we vote, we advance our vision for safer, healthier, more connected communities.”
As a member of Santa Monica Spoke / LACBC you are an affiliate member of the League of American Bicyclist (LAB).
HERE ARE FIVE WAYS YOU CAN JOIN US & THE LEAGUE Of AMERICAN BICYCLISTS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Inspire your friends and family: Download the Facebook timeline cover photo and social media icons here and here.
- Show your pride: Purchase an I Bike, I Vote sticker and support bike advocacy.
- Get engaged: Join LAB Action Alert list so you can make a difference with the click of your mouse when your voice counts at the local, state and federal level. (We share these with you also)
- Join the movement: Learn more about the bike movement and how you can plug into League programs, from Women Bike to Smart Cycling education, through LAB bi-weekly E-news.
- Become a member: The League has been promoting and protecting the rights of bicyclists since 1880. Invest in the future of bicycling by becoming one of the thousands of members of the nation’s oldest bike advocacy organization!
Stay connected, join the momentum: JOIN Santa Monica Spoke / Chapter LACBC today.
Founded in 1998, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) works to build a better, more bike-able Los Angeles County. LACBC is the only membership-based nonprofit organization working exclusively for the millions of people who ride bikes in Los Angeles County. Through advocacy, education and outreach, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition brings together the diverse bicycling community in a united mission to make the entire L.A. region a safe and enjoyable place to ride.