JOIN US and The League of America Bicyclists:
— Parts of this post are excerptedÂ –LEAGUE PROGRAMS,Â TAKE ACTIONÂ byÂ Liz Murphy
With our election one week away today, we are in the home stretch! We will be deluged with emails, television and flyers, mailers etc etc. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!
In additionÂ we have our own #VoteLocal CAMPAIGNÂ for the election and Santa Monica’s Next RoundÂ as it winds down.
Every time you ride your bicycle, even when you ride alone, youâ€™re part of something bigger. Every time you get on your bike you make your community â€” your country â€”Â better.
“Bikes bring us together, uniting us across political lines for a common bipartisan goal: Building a bicycle friendly America for everyone. Whether or not you bike to your polling place on election day, you are a citizen cyclist â€” and your values for safer streets makes a difference no matter whoâ€™s on the ballot.”
“So declare yourself. Tell your friends, your family, leaders in your community and beyond: I Bike, I Vote. Â The League of American Bicyclists hasÂ launched a new campaign — I Bike, I Vote — mobilizing Americans around the idea that when we bike and we vote, we advance our vision for safer, healthier, more connected communities.”
As aÂ member of Santa Monica Spoke / LACBC you are an affiliate member of the League of American Bicyclist (LAB).
HERE ARE FIVE WAYS YOU CAN JOIN US & THE LEAGUE Of AMERICAN BICYCLISTSÂ TOÂ GET INVOLVED:
- Inspire your friends and family:Â Download the FacebookÂ timeline cover photoÂ and social media iconsÂ hereÂ andÂ here.
- Show your pride:Â Purchase an I Bike, I Vote stickerÂ and support bike advocacy.
- Get engaged:Â Join LABÂ Action Alert listÂ so you can make a difference with the click of your mouse when your voice counts at the local, state and federal level. (We share these with you also)
- Join the movement:Â Learn more about the bike movement and how you can plug into League programs, from Women Bike to Smart Cycling education,Â through LABÂ bi-weekly E-news.Â
- Become a member:Â The League has been promoting and protecting the rights of bicyclists since 1880. Invest in the future of bicycling by becoming one of the thousands of members of the nation’s oldest bike advocacy organization!
Stay connected, join the momentum: JOINÂ Santa Monica Spoke / Chapter LACBCÂ today.
Founded in 1998, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) works to build a better, more bike-able Los Angeles County. LACBC is the only membership-based nonprofit organization working exclusively for the millions of people who ride bikes in Los Angeles County. Through advocacy, education and outreach, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition brings together the diverse bicycling community in a united mission to make the entire L.A. region a safe and enjoyable place to ride.