SANTA MONICA SPOKE:
Is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to improving walking, biking and healthy active transportation in the City of Santa Monica. We are a community based nonprofitÂ working to make Santa Monica more sustainable, and a better place to live, walk, bike, work and play.
Advocating the implementationÂ ofÂ Complete Streets Policies that support and protect all users, (pedestrians & people on bikes) and the use of public transit and shared mobility options to promote fewer single car trips forÂ a healthier, safer, more sustainable environment for the community at large.
- Encourage more people of all ages to ride bicycles, more often and more safely
- Educate equitable road use,Â cyclists rights and responsibilities, new mobility modes – both by example & through education andÂ workshops
- Increase the voice and visibility of Santa Monica Spoke, LACBC, CalBike and the cycling community to improve facilities and the environment forÂ people of all ages walking and biking
- Actively participate with partner organizations and local government to create and implement the Bicycle Action Plan,Â Pedestrian Acton Plan, Santa Monica Safe Street Alliance/ Vision Zero and Complete Streets Planning Policies whileÂ fulfilling the City’s commitment to the USDOT Mayorsâ€™ Challenge for Safer People & Safer Streets
- Promote the health benefits of active transportation like walking and biking
- Highlight walking and cycling as a sustainable transportation alternatives that are good for the environmentÂ
- Implement, promote and actively support Safe Routes to School and Safe Routes for Seniors
- Strengthen SantaÂ Monica Spoke, LACBC and CalBike through membership recruitment and fundraising
Santa Monica Spoke is a local affiliate of the Los Angeles County Bicycle CoalitionÂ (LACBC) and the California Bicycle Coalition (CalBike).Â Santa Monica Spoke was founded in 2009, initially launching the Chapter program of LACBC as it’s 1st Local Chapter in Los Angeles County.
LACBC Local Chapters number 13 by 2017.
Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition builds a better, more bike-able LosÂ Angeles by bringing diverse communities together to improve the bicycling environment and quality of life for the whole county.
California Bicycle Coalition
Advocates for equitable, inclusive, and prosperous communities where bicycling helps to enable all Californians to lead healthy and joyful lives.
Become a local supporter!
Make a direct donation to support our local work at Santa Monica Spoke by clicking the button:
Checks can also be mailed to:
Â Â Â Santa Monica Spoke
Â Â Â 1640 5th Street, Suite 120
Â Â Â Santa Monica, CA 90401
Join the regional momentum, become a part of the change!
Follow this link, to joinÂ Santa Monica Spoke and LACBC (or a local group in your area). Your membership supports our efforts here locally as well as strengthening the cycling movement on a county, state and even at the national level as all of these jurisdictions play a major roll in how we can promote more equitable, healthy and active communities.
You may also send us an email hereÂ and we can provide you with other options to donate or join.