Updates on MANGo, BIKE SHARE, Bike Action Plan (BAP),
Esplanade & MORE
We invite you to join us, City Staff and our special guest, Santa Monica’s former Mayor, Assemblyman Richard Bloom who will give an update about regional Bike Share, Santa Monica’s leading roll and his commitment and leadership for a successful and truly regional system. Also we will get a peek at initial results from MANGo Pop Up Greenway, first event of its kind in the region (Michigan Avenue Neighborhood Greenway project).
Presentations on projects aimed to create more livable streets and improve the environment for pedestrians and bikes. Get inofrmed and give your input on prioritizing and projects that are important to you at anytime during the meeting via post it and written ballots.
Fairview Branch Library, 2101 Ocean Park Blvd
Saturday, December 7th, 2013
Doors Open at 10:30am for refreshments
We will start the morning with coffee and bagels
11:00 am Presentations will start (order may change slightly)
- Bike Share, Assemblyman Richard Bloom
- MANGo results, Jason Kligier
- Samohi Safe Routes to School SRTS, plus integration to MANGo, Francie Stefan
- Bike Action Plan, implementation, prioritization, GREEN LANES, Lucy Dyke
- Esplanade, Cycle tracks, intersection improvements, Joanna Hankamer
- Pedestrian Action Plan Community outreach survey, Santa Monica Walks, Grace Phillips
We will invite the SMPD bike liaison to attend who can address questions and clarification you may have regarding enforcement and ticketing.