Support our mission for a more walkable, bikeable Santa Monica with a donation today on #Giving Tuesday.
SANTA MONICA SPOKE:
As a local affiliate of the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, (LACBC) we are dedicated to improving walking & biking in the City of Santa Monica. We are a community based nonprofit working to make Santa Monica more sustainable, and a better place to live, walk, bike, work and play.
Advocating the implementation of Complete Streets Policies that support and protect all users, (pedestrians & people on bikes) and the use of public transit to promote fewer single car trips for a healthier, safer, more sustainable environment for the community at large.
- Educate equitable road use, cyclists rights and responsibilities – both by example & through education and workshops like Bike Smart Cycling Classes
- Increase the voice and visibility of Santa Monica Spoke, LACBC and the cycling community to improve facilities and the environment for people walking and biking
- Actively participate with local government to create and implement the Bicycle Action Plan, Pedestrian Acton Plan, Vision Zero and Complete Streets Planning Policies while fulfilling the City’s commitment to the USDOT Mayors’ Challenge for Safer People & Safer Streets
- Promote the health benefits of cycling
- Highlight cycling as a sustainable transportation alternative that is good for the environment
- Promote and support Safe Routes to School
- Strengthen Santa Monica Spoke and LACBC through membership recruitment and fundraising