- This event has passed.
Brompton Urban Challenge
April 30, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm$25.00
The Brompton Urban Challenge (BUC) is a two-wheeled scavenger hunt! It starts with a light breakfast, afterwhich you’ll spend the first part of the day riding around the city, and interpreting various clues with your team. We’ll break for a late lunch, then spend the remainder of the day engaging in fun Brompton challenges amidst the beautiful backdrop of Santa Monica. Each clue and challenge will be recorded by photograph, which you’ll upload to social media (#BUCSM). Everyone will have the chance to win some GREAT prizes at the end of the day – where we’ll rally to celebrate our accomplishments with drinks and merriment at AIKA!
The Brompton Urban Challenge is a world-wide event, and we couldn’t be more excited to host our first BUC in Santa Monica!
Here are the registration details:
- The fee is $25 per person – all proceeds will be donated to local advocacy group Santa Monica Spoke.
- Cyclists can either register as a team or will be placed into a team on the day of the event.
— Start a team or join one as a great way to meet new friends!
- The minimum team size is 2 participants, and the maximum team size is 4 participants.
- All bikes are welcome, but there must be at least one Brompton bicycle per team.
- We’ll have a limited number of Brompton bicycles available to borrow at the event, so indicate in your registration if you’d like to reserve one!
To learn more, check out this video here.
Can’t wait to see all you Bromptoneers and cyclists at AIKA on the 30th! #BUCSM
- Aika for urban cycling
2300 Lincoln Blvd #1 (at Pearl)
Santa Monica, CA 90405 United States + Google Map