Join us as we explore how to expand on the simple notions:
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!|
Rotterdam comes to Santa Monica —
evening of May 3rd
A presentation of research with students from the Urban Cycling Institute in Rotterdam. The event is scheduled for May 3rd. Details on Santa Monica location are being confirmed and will be announced shortly.
Louis M. Uljee & Pieter Zonneveld & Students, Rotterdam Business School, Netherlands
- Role of City Hall as HONEST BROKER:: Clean City, Quiet City, Safe City, Healthy City?
- Bike share
- Peer to peer bike constructions ( Apps?)
- Entitlements: cars vs bikes vs pedestrians
- Public transport + fishbone structure between stations + sharing bikes model
- Flow theory Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Influence of (solar) e-bikes
- Myths: Expand not the theories, what do they mean and how can we actually achieve them?
• Build it and they will come.
• Cycling replaces driving?
• Write a plan and follow it.
• Cycling requires Icons.
- Swarm theory: The Genius of Swarms. A single ant or bee isn’t smart, but their colonies are. The study of swarm intelligence is providing insights that can help humans manage complex systems, from truck routing to military robots. Applied to bike networks?