Bike Week LA is an annual week of community events sponsored by Metro and local advocates all over the County of Los Angeles to promote bicycling as a sustainable and practical mode of transportation. BIKE WEEK LA! starts Saturday, May 10th and runs through Sunday, May 18th. Did you take the pledge? Pledge here to ride your bike on Bike to Work Day and you could win a new bike from REI and other great prizes!
BIKE WEEK LA! List of Santa Monica Events Click the bullets for complete info. Please check back for added links and new additions!
- Saturday, May 10th – Get ready / Fix your bike day! Get ready with fix your bike day. Local shops will host safety checks to help get your bike in good running order.
- Sunday, May 11th – Bicycling is for Everyone!
What better plans for Mother’s Day? Go on a bike ride with the whole family. Getting out on you bicycling is the perfect family-friendly activity for a leisurely Sunday.
- Monday, May 12th, Kick-Off Bike Week LA Metro Kick-off Bike Week at Union Station – South Patio. Local and regional transportation agencies, bicycle advocacy groups and more will participate. Meatless Monday Fundraiser Ride in Santa Monica, Veggie Grill will donate 50% of all receipts* when customers mention Bike Week LA or Santa Monica Spoke! We start at 5pm at the Park at Colorado Center.
- Tuesday, May 13th – Blessing of the Bicycles and Ladies Choice Ladies Choice / Coffee Talk / Ride. Chat, ask questions, share stores – over coffee, tea. We can explore the benefits, challenges and shared experiences as women on bikes. Non-gender specific – all are invited – but lady’s choice on ride and topics. Meet up location for morning beverage and conversation Cafe Bello Good Samaritan Hospital’s 11th Annual Blessing of the Bicycles, 8am
- Wednesday, May 14th – Guided Ride Day: Bike Lanes and More! Guided Tour of some of our best and newest local Bike Infrastructure. Give input, ask questions hear about what’s up next – We finish the tour at Wine Expo for a Handlebar Happy Hour, with snack and beverage specials just for us!
- Thursday, May 15th – Bike to Work Day & Bike FROM Work Handlebar Happy Hour! Bike to Work Day Pit Stops, we again join City of Santa Monica at City Hall on Main Street and again also Co-Host a Bike Commuter Pitstop with Co-Opportunity at 16th & Broadway 6:30-9am. 4th Annual Bike FROM Work Handlebar Happy Hour, NEW VENUE Areal Restaurant, 2820 Main Street — 5-9PM
Ride Big Blue Bus for free today with your bike! Extend your commute with your bike on bus!
- Friday, May 16th, – BIKE DATE NIGHT! & Metro Bike Night at Union Station Metro and their LA County partners will host a BIKE WEEK LA Wrap-up evening event at the Fred Harvey Room and courtyard at Union Station. This free event will feature special guests, live music, food trucks, outdoor booths, free bike valet, bike shorts, trivia, bike portraits and a fashion show. There will also be a raffle for great prizes! How about a group ride to Union Station from Santa Monica?
- Saturday & Sunday, May 17th & 18th – Buy Local / BIKE LOCAL Weekend! Bike Locally! Ride your bike to eat, play or shop, take advantage of special discounts just for bicyclists! Santa Monica Spoke and Buy Local Santa Monica have been coordinating to launch BIKE LOCAL Santa Monica. We and our partners have been hard at work signing up business to participate. Buy Local is now also Bike Local – Because bicyclists are great for local business!